A friend of mine wrote the article that your Merchant Services Rep doesn’t want you to read. If you’re a Photographer–or any other business person–getting paid for your work, and you accept credit/debit card payments, today’s conversation is extremely important for you.
She is Darrah Brustein, Co-Founder of Equitable Payments. In an industry known for confusing/ofttimes shady/sometimes deceptive sales practices, Darrah is on a mission to help you know how to negotiate a fair deal.
Her article first appeared on Entrepreneur.com. Click the link to her article, and you’ll have the notes to our conversation. Then share the article, and this conversation, with a friend who has ever been frustrated with their Merchant Services provider.
Enjoy this conversation is you’ve ever wondered:
- How do I find the right Merchant Services Provider?
- What fees are ridiculous and should be waived?
- Should I be using Square or Paypal?
- How can I tell if my Rep really knows what he/she is doing?
- What are the questions I should be asking?
- How can I make sense of the pricing model “shell game?”
- When is it best for me to break my contract and go elsewhere?
“Why post this conversation on The PhotoTellers?” you may ask.
Quite simply: I want you to operate a more successful business. This is the first of several conversations I’ve recorded to that end. Listen soon for tips to improve your website in a weekend, and also what you need to know to write effective copy.
Learn more, and let Darrah help you by finding her HERE. [And maybe she’ll shock you with the answer that she gave my local Coffee Shop Owner! Listen in.]