If you’re still wondering why you should connect with a community of Photographers, hear Doc List’s answer when I ask him, “What [is someone] missing by NOT participating in an Association?” And hear Doc’s important distinction between an “association” and a “community.”
A portrait guy from Austin, TX, who specializes in fitness photography, Doc List shares a few gems in today’s conversation:
- The moment when Doc’s father experienced the power of the camera
- The gift from Doc to his wife, and his experience of being the Photographer (not just Dad) of his kids
- Hear the beautiful commitment that Doc’s wife made to their children: “I’m not gonna leave that legacy to our children and grandchildren.”
- Learn how Doc’s serious involvement in the photo community has changed his perspective
Lastly, I challenge each of us to adopt his mantra:
Connect with Doc:Texas School of Professional Photography, “Best Little Photography School in the World.” Log on to find more educational opportunities coming soon!
Other posts of interest:
- Steve Kozak: What Your Camera Expects from You – You, Your Camera & Your Photos: A “Group Hug” or a Meeting of Strangers?
- Becoming Series, Episode #1 – Becoming Sean Bagshaw – Following the Footsteps of Successful Photographers
- Woody Walters: On the Career Highlight That Surpassed Printing for Ansel Adams