“Is Art Meripol the most grateful Photographer alive?” I wondered.
I’d just finished our Skype interview, and couldn’t help but notice his overwhelming sense of gratitude. Sometimes, though, his exuberance for the craft–giddiness, even!–eclipsed his gratitude.
This guy LOVES being a Photographer!
His story will give you insight into 3 worlds:
1. Newspaper Photographer
- How does that role quickly hone your composition skills?
- How does the format of a newspaper dictate your photography?
2. His 25-year career as the staff Travel Photographer for Southern Living magazine
- Is it the BEST Photographers who have long careers in magazines? What is the quality that keeps them going?
- Want advice for working for an A-list magazine? What does the Editor want from you?
- How do you break into the elite circle of the Editor’s trusted Photographers?
3. Freelance Photographer
- How can you network your way to success?
- What is the “single hardest thing to do as a freelancer”?
- Learn about a Civil Rights landmarks project, and his work that appears in a book we’ll never see
- And as if he hadn’t photographed enough marvelous places–he endures an assignment to photograph some of the best BBQ joints in Alabama! (Check the affiliate link below to grab your copy on Amazon.)
Connect with Art
Other posts of interest:
- How To Succeed in Fine Art Photography & Lead Workshops –Justin Reznick on Fine Art, Fads, Gear, and Educating Others