For the past 5 years I have been consistently creating some sort of marketing content. From blog posts to social media posts to videos to infographics — I’ve done them all.
At times I used editorial content calendars, and at other times I did not. I have always found that when I use a calendar, things go more smoothly for me. Yet, I still get away from the habit from time to time.
If you’re currently engaged in creating content for your business, then it’s probably a good idea for you to use an editorial content calendar of some sort. If you’re using one now, great! If not, then listen up.
In this episode I talk about how I currently use editorial content calendars to manage and organize my content, and I go into detail on the specific things I include in my calendar. I also talk about the tool I use to manage blog posts with multiple writers.
What you’ll hear in today’s episode:
- My routine for accomplishing more tasks in less time
- The 2 vital roles every entrepreneur must own
- A system for planning tasks that helps you win
- Tips on how to execute most effectively
Notes from the episode:
- Free editorial content calendar template from 98toGo
- Trello.com — the tool I use to manage content with my writers
- An awesome blog post from HubSpot that shows you how to create a content calendar in Google Calendar
- An earlier podcast where I talk about Buyer Personas