We all know how important email marketing is for online businesses (it’s still one of the highest performing marketing tactics out there!). But there’s an even more important step that happens before you begin crafting your emails — building a list of people to send your emails to!
In a previous episode I shared 4 super simple tools that you can use to capture your website visitor’s email addresses. Just adding one of these tools to your website can have a dramatic effect on the number of leads you capture.
Now I’m taking it to the next level. In today’s episode I’ll show you how you can really ramp up the performance of your email signup forms, to capture leads more effectively.
What you’ll hear in today’s episode:
- Tips to improve the performance of email signup forms, bars, slideouts and popups
- Tools for optimizing your forms
- Copywriting tips for higher performance
Notes from the episode:
- Here’s my previous episode on “How To Build Your Email List”
- A tool I use for finding the best Color Scheme for my forms
- HelloBar – Simple (and free) email signup bar/banner tool
- SumoMe – Suite of free tools for capturing leads and more
Articles referenced in this episode:
- Article from Conversion XL that gives 14 steps to bulding high coverting signup forms
- Article from HubSpot with some Do’s and Don’ts when creating calls-to-action (most of the tips can be direclty applied to your email signup forms)
- Article from CrazyEgg with tips for optimizing call-to-action buttons (again, the tips can be applied to your email signup forms)
Have you checked out Online Marketing Groups?
Solo entrepreneurs need an extra boost to help them succeed. Online Marketing Groups are that boost. Online Marketing Groups deliver three things to help you succeed:
- Coaching on how to properly set Goals and devise a course of action
- Accountability and feedback from your small group of likeminded entrepreneurs
- Guidance from an online marketing expert to help you overcome challenges and capitalize on new opportunities
>> Find out more and join your Online Marketing Group at www.thedigitalmarketingguy.com/OMG