Be ready to rethink your idea of “Photography,” and your idea of “success” on this episode of The PhotoTellers. Australian photographer Gee Greenslade shares the inspiration of her highly-creative work, and also a vulnerable look into her journey.
Based in Adelaide South Australia, Gee was made a Master of Photography by the Australian Institute of professional photography in 2016. Gee is a Photoshop nerd, with over ten years experience creating surreal digital artworks.
Gee is one of South Australia’s most awarded artists, recently having won the highly prestigious Australian Illustrative Photographer of the year in both 2016 and 2015 and South Australian Professional Photographer of the year for 2015. Other accolades include top 5 Illustrative in the International Loupe Awards, South Australian Contemporary Photographic Artist of the year in 2012, two time South Australian Illustrative Photographer of the year and has represented Team Australia in the world Photographic Cup.
Gee Greenslade is a self professed geek, ukulele enthusiast, giant dork and dog lover.
What can you expect from this conversation?
- Have you ever met a “ukelele enthusiast?” Now you will.
- Gee defends her statement: “The darkroom taught me everything I know about my digital practice.”
- Learn about the time a student helped bring her work back to her missed childhood
- How her work is created for the girl she used to be. What did that child need to hear?
- What do successful artists have in common? Three things.
- How to find a great mentor.
- Why she is so open and vulnerable on her blog
- The story of when she’d achieved success, then “fell on her face.”
- Glitch Art & using sound waves incorporated into her digital work [see the image above]
- What’s next for her?
If you want to connect with Gee, it’s easier than you think! You can:
- Contact her via her website
- Have a custom consultation one on one with her (contact through her site)
- If you’re near the Adelaide, Australia, area; find her teaching at The Centre for Creative Photography
If you enjoyed this episode, and want to know when more publish, subscribe to the show [links at the top of this page], and/or “LIKE” The Fireside Network on Facebook.