Bob Coates the Photography Mentor who’ll quickly fire a student. He envisions beer flowing from the sky. He dreams that Photographers stop “seeing the light,” start “seeing the shadows.”
He is Bob Coates, and he has a wealth of wisdom to share today.
Such as . . .
- What is the most important skill for a Photographer to bring to the table?
- What is Bob’s “worst-practice” list for Photographers’ marketing efforts?
- The “magnificent” way (free) to get your name out to your community–especially if you’re in a small town.
- Where–and how–you can find inspiration for your work. Bob’s own process.
- How to Knock on The Door to Success. Literally. Knock on the door.
- Why you need to pursue personal projects . . . and how they might become paying gigs!
- Advice to the person who wants to view Photography well. How to develop a discerning eye. Advice to my 14 year old.
“Some people trade security for living. LIVE.” -Bob Coates
Wanna meet Bob in person? Find him at Imaging USA 2016.
Dare you take my challenge to walk a 5K slower than me?! Sign up for your literal–or virtual walk–HERE.
Keep up with Bob and his work at one of the sites he mentions:
Bob also mentions several Photographers that inspire him. Here’s a link to each of them:
. . . and you can click here to find my buddy & first mentor, STEVE KOZAK.